- Development of follicular tonsillitis: ways of infection and the causes of
- Features of angina symptoms in adults and children
- Symptoms in adults
- Symptoms in children
- Methods for the treatment of angina
- treatment with antibiotics
- Antiseptic therapy
- General and symptomatic therapy
- Treatment of folk remedies
- Treatment of children with tonsillitis
- Tips & tricks
One form of tonsillitis, in which inflammation occurs in the tonsils, is called tonsillitis. An infectious disease, which most often are children and adults (an average of 40-45 years old).
With proper treatment, the disease has a very favorable prognosis, while ignoring the disease - disease causes inflammation deeper tissues and some organs, that leads to the development of severe complications.
Development of follicular tonsillitis: ways of infection and the causes of
Pathogens are infectious disease agents - hemolytic Streptococci, pneumococci, staphylococci, some species of viruses and fungi. Place of introduction of bacteria - the amygdala, Infection rarely captures the lingual, nasopharyngeal and laryngeal region.
The disease occurs in two ways:
- Ékzogennım way. Pathogen falls outside - droplet, fecal-oral or household by (with food, on household items, in water).
- By endogenous - the activator is in the body and causes disease due to lower immunity. Infection may occur upon penetration of the infection inflamed sinus, carious teeth, hematogenous through the gastro-intestinal diseases.
Important! The main risk factor, in which follicular development occurs angina, is lowered immunity or the presence of immunodeficiency states.
Other risk factors, favoring the development of infection, can act:
- Severe overheating or hypothermia;
- The excess in the diet of protein foods;
- allergic conditions;
- Metabolic disorders;
- Prolonged inhalation of dusty, polluted air;
- Hereditary tendency to tonsillitis;
- stressful situations;
- parasitic diseases;
- Physical and mental fatigue;
- beriberi (especially - lack of vitamin C.);
- Long-term chronic diseases.
The age factor is also the case with the development of follicular tonsillitis - disease are more prone to people from 16 to 42 years and children of secondary school age (6-12 years old). The people of middle and old age this kind of angina is rare and takes place in an easy manner, without pronounced clinical picture.
Features of angina symptoms in adults and children
The incubation period for tonsillitis quite small - begin to show symptoms within the first days after infection.
Important! The first symptoms of tonsillitis occur suddenly -rezko fever (to 39 degrees), in the area of the tonsils causes pain, that increases with swallowing, and can give the ear.
On examination, there is an obvious swelling in the throat, swelling, severe reddening palatine tonsils (cm. a photo). On the surface of the soft palate and tonsils visible white or yellow spots circular shape (purulent follicles).
Symptoms in adults
Against the background of the development of the first symptoms of follicular tonsillitis, developed signs of general intoxication and symptoms of an infectious nature:
- generalized weakness;
- nasal voice;
- Tachycardia, heartache;
- The increase in submandibular lymph nodes;
- increased heart rate;
- The discomfort (lomota) the upper body, waist, joints, muscles;
- Loss of appetite;
- sweating, chills, feeling the heat.
Purulent tonsillitis practically does not occur without a fever. This form of the disease can be observed in catarrhal angina species . In this case, the main symptoms of the disease appear: redness of the tonsils, swelling of the tonsils and surrounding tissues, pain in tonsils.
Symptoms in children
Tonsillitis in children occurs usually heavier, than adults, and the risk of complications is much higher.
Characteristic features of follicular tonsillitis in children:
- Sharp and acute onset, in which the child's condition deteriorates rapidly.
- Increasing the temperature to 40 degrees (the temperature is kept for a long time and is not fed reduction).
- A sharp pain in the throat (followed by dry cough, tickling, Dry throat);
- generalized weakness, drowsiness;
- gastrointestinal disorders: colic, diarrhea, vomiting.
- Sore throat is often given in the ear.
- Chills and fever.
Such a condition may persist for 2-3 days. Along with the basic features of a child may be a runny nose, cough, conjunctivitis, appear rash.
Symptoms of tonsillitis quite pronounced, but the disease at initial examination may well be confused with other infections (eg, Mononucleosis or lacunar tonsillitis). For adequate treatment diagnosis can only be a doctor, provided the appointment of additional studies.
Methods for the treatment of angina
Before, how to treat tonsillitis, otolaryngologist conducts initial examination, examines the symptoms and treatment is administered after further diagnosis. appointed pharyngoscope, which helps to evaluate the characteristics of follicular tonsillitis - swollen, presence and amount gnoynichkov. Additionally shall smear with mucous tonsils (to determine the presence of the pathogen and antibodies thereto) and a complete blood count.
Treatment of the disease most often occurs in a hospital (in a separate box infectious disease ward). But the treatment of follicular tonsillitis at home is also acceptable - provided the isolation of the patient in a separate room. but, if within a few days the patient's condition deteriorated sharply, or treatment does not bring tangible results, should transfer the patient to the hospital.
treatment with antibiotics
Relying on the fact, follicular tonsillitis that has bacterial origin, without antibiotics can not do in his treatment. These drugs have antibacterial therapy, acting directly on the disease agent.
Usually used drugs penicillin, and at their intolerance prescribed macrolide antibiotics.
Antibiotics for tonsillitis:
Antibiotic treatment is carried out on an individual circuit and is typically 7-10 days (interrupt a course of antibiotics, even with the improvement of the state can not!).
note! If in the first 48 hours after initiation of antibiotic effect is not observed, should change the course of treatment.
Antibiotics are used most often in tablet form, but possibly topical application, where the best has proved drug-spray Bioparox. In severe disease may be administered by injection administration of antibiotics, intramuscularly.
Methods antiseptic therapies include washing and rinsing the throat, tonsils lubrication, use sprays and aerosols for irrigation throat.
At home, it is proven rinsing and washing throat via:
- potassium permanganate (potassium permanganate);
- sodium chloride;
Rinse should be carried out frequently (to 5 once a day), tk. their goal is the liberation of the tonsils purulent plaque, that helps to prevent the spread of infection.
For application to the applied area of tonsils Lugol's solution.
For topical use:
- Lozenges: Sebedin, Strepsils, gramicidin, Amʙazon.
- aerosols :Geksoral, TANTUM Verde, Orasept.
- herbal remedies: DELUFEN, Angin Khyeli,tonzilgon).
Under steady-state conditions prescribed conduct physiotherapy (electrophoresis, UVCh, magnetotherapy, UFO). At home, you can conduct inhalation based on folk remedies and pharmaceutical preparations.
General and symptomatic therapy
To eliminate the symptoms of tonsillitis and speed up the healing process, n designate the following medications:
- To reduce the temperature - antipyretic (panadol for relief, ibuprofen);
- To reduce the swelling of the tonsils - antiallergic (suprastin, Zodak);
- To strengthen the body - vitamins and minerals;
- for immunomodulation - Dekaris, Taktivin, Timogen;
- To neutralize the action of antibiotics - Lineks.
Weight drugs should be used strictly for the course of treatment. Do not throw treatment even, if after a few days brings relief. The whole course of treatment is recommended bed rest and limit physical and mental performance.
Operative a tonsillectomy (tonzylэktomyya) carried out in the presence of the following indications:
- If enlarged tonsils hamper breathing and swallowing.
- If drug treatment is not effective;
- If purulent process surrounding tissue involved.
The operation is performed under local (at least - general) anesthesia. Manipulation has a number of contraindications and banned in some states (pregnancy, heart failure, et al.).
Treatment of folk remedies
Traditional medicines help to significantly improve the patient's condition with tonsillitis. Widely used packs, inhalation and rinsing with natural means.
- inhalation: carried out with the use of boiled potatoes (in the "uniform") or with grated sharp horseradish.
- Rinsing: Grate fresh beets (1 glass), Add one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. An hour later, beets overcome, and gargle means.
- Honey (2 Article. spoons), vodka (50 g) and aloe juice (1 Article. spoon) mix. Make a compress and hold on the neck before going to bed (1-2 o'clock).
- The pint of boiling water drip 5-8 drops of iodine, add salt (2 no. spoons). Rinse your throat every means 2-3 o'clock.
Folk remedies only as an adjunct in the treatment of angina used in follicular. Cure their disease - can not.
Treatment of children with tonsillitis
Methods of treating children with tonsillitis has the same direction, as therapy in adults.
Features of treatment of tonsillitis in children:
- antibiotics - selected drugs, having less toxicity and high effect.
- probiotic - to prevent dysbiosis (Bifidumbakterin, Bifiform, Lineks).
- antipyretics - syrups and tablets (panadol for relief, Efferalgan Uppsala), injection (analgene plus diphenhydramine), candles (Cifekon).
- antihistamines - to reduce allergic reactions (Tavegil, Loratidin).
- Vitamin-mineral complexes.
If the child can not independently gargle, it is recommended to drink plenty of give on the basis of medicinal concoctions, and lubricate the throat Lugol solution.
Tips & tricks
Cure tonsillitis possible for 7-10 days, if you follow the advice of a doctor and not self-medicate.
How to cure tonsillitis:
- Antibiotics - the disease can not be cured without taking antibacterial drugs.
- Compliance with bed rest. Do not carry the disease on their feet, even if after a few days brings relief. Not dolechennaya sore throat can lead to serious complications, including diseases of the cardiovascular system, arthritis and arthrosis development, kidney disease, etc..
- lifting the immunity. It is necessary to use special vitamin-mineral complexes, zakalyatysya, to walk outside. This will help prevent the emergence and development of the disease.
- Stick to a diet. In the period of the disease should follow a sparing diet - food boiled or steamed, in the diet to include more vegetable and dairy products.