- Hazards for human helminths
- Methods of infection with worms
- The first manifestations of the worms in the body
- Signs of infestation of Dirofilaria
- How to recognize a worm infestation of rashes
- Symptomatology helminthiasis as metabolic disorders
- Symptoms from the immune system
- Nervous system
- Signs of infection children
- diagnosis of helminthiasis
Worm infestation refers to a common group of diseases in humans and animals. It is caused by the penetration into the organism of various worms, which in our time, there are more than three hundred species. Parasites are localized mainly in the intestine and liver, but some species are able to penetrate into the lungs, a heart, brain and other vital organs, which can lead to very serious consequences. It is important as soon as possible to detect the presence of worms in the body and to take measures to eliminate them, to avoid health problems. After all, this disease can have many consequences, until death. But to determine the presence of helminthic infestation in the body is quite difficult, because the symptoms are similar to other diseases, and it is difficult to say exactly, what infection attacks the body. It is important to understand, what to look for treatment to the doctor parasitologist.
Hazards for human helminths
worms, which pose a threat to people, divided into two groups:
- Abdominal - pinworms, askaridы, vlasoglav, a tapeworm and other, living in the gut, vermin.
- Fabric - echinococcosis, paragonimoz, cysticercosis and other parasites, capable of propagating on all important internal organs and hit them.
Most often diagnosed in the human body such kinds of worm infestation: entyerobioz, askaridoz, tryhotsefalez, strongyloidiasis.
Methods of infection with worms
There are many ways of getting the larvae of parasites in the body, among them are the main:
- Contact - larvae are transmitted from person to person.
- Through an insect bite.
- through the soil.
- After water.
- Since dust particles.
- of food, held insufficient heat treatment.
The first manifestations of the worms in the body
Once in the human body, Worms do not immediately manifest themselves. This is a major problem. The first signs of helminthic infestation can appear only after two weeks. These include:
- skin rash;
- aching pain in the abdominal area;
- decrease in appetite;
- cause headaches;
- bowel violation.
If a, feeling the first signs of, time to see a doctor of many problems can be avoided.
Symptoms of the presence of worms in humans
It is in the body, Parasites consume most of the nutrients and vitamins, which significantly affects the well-being.
Symptoms of helminthic infestation in adults:
- the presence of allergies;
- the appearance of acne and boils;
- annoying cough;
- lowered immunity;
- depressed and irritable state;
- pain in joints;
- digestive system disorders.
The symptoms of lung infection with worms
Lung Infection with helminths may be asymptomatic for several years. After penetration into the human body parasites actively proliferate, with a significant amount of symptoms such as a:
- weakness and lack of strength;
- wet cough;
- pain and discomfort in the chest;
- nausea and retching;
- decreased appetite and weight loss.
In places where the penetration of parasites in the lungs form adhesions, over time, lung shape changes. Parasites provoke such diseases as pneumonia, asthma, bronchitis and pleurisy. In advanced cases likely fatal human.
Key features of intestinal helminths
Most often the place of worms living in the human body is an intestine. The earliest symptoms, when the worms begin active reproduction:
- lack of strength and fatigue;
- itching in the anus;
- dermatitis and eczema on the skin.
Parasites poison the products of its vital, and all this leads to a general state of weakness and apathy.
Symptoms of the presence of worms in the stomach
This place is also a favorite for worms, following symptoms:
- frequent indigestion, constipation can dramatically jump in diarrhea;
- pain in the stomach and navel;
- constant feeling of hunger;
- gnashing of teeth;
Signs of infestation of Dirofilaria
This type of parasite found in humans, due to insect bites. There are two forms of heartworm - eye and skin:
- The cutaneous form is most common and can come from a mosquito bite, at this point it formed a small seal and gradually migrates below the skin, causing discomfort. If time does not refer to a qualified, at the site of the lesion there is a strong redness and pain.
- When the ocular form of parasite lives under the skin of the eyelids and there is a possibility of its penetration into the eyeball. Symptoms include redness and swelling, conjunctivitis and itching sensation in the affected site, in addition, a person constantly feels a foreign body in the eye. All this is accompanied by insomnia, increased nervousness and general weakness.
Symptoms of worms in the throat hit
Throat - one of the most sensitive places in the human body. When it becomes inflamed, we immediately felt the pain and discomfort, but sometimes you can feel a strong sore throat and wiggling, which is often caused by helminths. It is worth noting, that live in the throat parasites can not, because for them it is not a favorable environment. it happens, parasites, developing in the digestive system, grow to such proportions, that fall through the esophagus into the throat, This is usually accompanied by a strong cough and suffocation.
Symptoms of brain helminthic invasion
brain lesion, usually, It occurs through the nasal passages. With the penetration of the brain worms affect the cortical center, It destroys brain cells and actively proliferate. Instead of dead cells are necrotic tissue, leading to inflammatory processes in the brain. If the patient is not urgent medical assistance will be provided, he could die within two weeks.
- severe pain in the head;
Symptoms of helminthic infestations in human blood
Blood is the habitat of several species of helminths, which have a very detrimental effect on the body. TO symptoms include:
- of fever;
- pain in joints;
- numbness of extremities;
- swollen lymph nodes.
How to recognize a worm infestation of rashes
One of the main manifestations of the presence of helminth is a strong deterioration of the appearance of the skin and lesions thereon various. This is connected with toxic substances secreted by parasites. The most characteristic symptoms following:
- intense itching;
- nasal allergy;
- the appearance of papillomas;
- brittle nails;
- increased hair loss;
- acne and furunculosis.
But do not write off all the cutaneous manifestations of the presence of worms in the body, the reasons may be different, and only the dermatologist, conducting research, be able to identify them.
Symptomatology helminthiasis as metabolic disorders
Disruptions in the metabolic processes in the body, too, should alert. If the normal diet has been a sharp decrease or increase in weight, anemia or vitamin deficiencies found, should think about the infestation. The sharp weight loss may be due to the, that the worms absorb all the nutrients, human consumption. Weight gain can trigger toxic substances, allocated helminths, in response to which the body requires large amounts of food, to her flush toxins.
Symptoms from the immune system
Since the parasites eat all the nutrients and vitamins, entering the body, there is a strong suppression of the immune system and a person becomes susceptible to all infections and inflammations of various organs. Also exacerbated chronic diseases.
From the nervous system parasitic infestation is expressed by the following symptoms:
- memory impairment;
- reduction of activity and performance.
Signs of infection children
note! Children often diagnose the presence of pinworms and ascarids.
Worm infestation in children has the following symptoms:
- poor appetite;
- pale skin of the face;
- dark circles under the eyes;
- bad dream, creaking teeth in his sleep;
- headache, dizziness;
- general state of lethargy and weakness;
- the presence of worms in the stool child;
- itching in the anus;
- large amount of saliva in the mouth;
- lethargy and fatigue;
- fever for no apparent reason;
- allergic reactions, dermatitis, hives;
- inflammatory processes in the genitals;
- bad breath;
- annoying cough;
- nausea and vomiting;
- frequent colds.
Council! Upon detection of a baby three or more signs must urgently seek medical advice. Often, even the study of feces does not give accurate results, so most effectively will pass a comprehensive examination.
It is important to understand, that a small number of adults worms in the body almost does not give any symptoms of helminthic infestations in children and adults. Confirm or deny the infection can, Only after passing laboratory tests and studies, which are prescribed by a doctor parasitologist individually.
diagnosis of helminthiasis
So as to treat the body against parasites only after their identification, and infection symptoms are similar to symptoms of other diseases, It is important to correctly diagnosis. By its methods include:
- Serological analysis - the detection of antibodies in blood helminths;
- Feces analysis - helps to identify the presence of larvae and adults of fragments;
- Scatological research - the study of scraping, which is taken around the anus;
- Testing for bacteria overgrowth;
- CT scan;
Infected with worms just, but difficult to treat, especially chronic forms of helminthic invasion. The treatment consists of antiparasitic drugs, immunomodulators and sorbents. therapy scheme only appointed doctor, self-medication can be not only useless, but also dangerous.
Preventive measures against infection by helminths
Prevention of parasitic infestations are extremely important for both children and adults, observing certain rules, you can greatly reduce the chances of infestation. The presence of helminthic infestations in humans, usually, due to the lack of basic hygiene:
- be sure to wash your hands before eating any food, while returning home from the street, after contact with animals;
- OK, preferably using a special means, wash fruits and vegetables before eating or scald them with boiling water;
- drink only purified or boiled water;
- try to avoid insect bites;
- fish, meat and similar products subjected to careful thermal treatment;
- follow, to the child's fingernails were cut short;
- periodically wash children's toys using special tools;
- be sure to boil items, used by the patient for five minutes;
- two times a year to pass a child and an adult examination for presence of helminths;
- wean the child to swallow the hands and other items, especially those, that had been in contact with the soil.
Implementation of these measures is not very complicated. Compliance will be enough, to the maximum to protect themselves and their children from infection with parasites. If something was missing, and they began to show symptoms of helminthic invasion, should immediately begin treatment, to prevent the occurrence of complications.