The fungus in the ears, or otomycosis, It considered the most dangerous kind of fungal diseases in humans, because it can affect including the inner ear, thus getting inside the skull. The fungus in the ear in children and adults occur with approximately the same frequency. A significant proportion of patients, entering the ENT department with otitis, during inspection and sampling found a fungus in the ears.
In the photo below, in the spoiler, It presented a characteristic picture of, otomycosis looks like in a person's ears:
not infrequently, in addition to the ear structures, are involved in the process of destruction by a fungus larynx, pharynx, oral cavity.
Causes of the fungus associated with ears in the first place with the advent of the fungal pathogen in the ears, his argument.
Additional factors, provoking proliferation of fungus in the auditory organs, carry:
- lack of hygiene. Contaminated ear or alkaline medium formed inside the external auditory canal not only leads to a lowering of hearing, but also promote the proliferation of pathogens.
- The narrowness of the ear canal does not allow it to self-clean, and the usual hygiene procedures may be insufficient.
- foreign body. A foreign object or substance, trapped in the ear (even if it is an ordinary water) - will provoke the formation of mycotic lesions.
- Hyperhidrosis. Excessive sweat glands productivity supports an increased level of humidity in the auricle, which creates favorable conditions for the multiplication of fungal flora.
- Weakened immune system, a state which could be caused by previous diseases and a long reception of antibacterial preparations. The body can not cope with the skin is contaminated by an infectious agent.
- Oncological diseases.
- Diabetes, HIV in AIDS step, other somatic pathology, which are characterized by reduction of local immunity.
- Traumatic damage to the auditory meatus.
- Disorders of the outer ear, mainly - purulent otitis.
- Excessive cleaning of the auditory canal, especially inappropriate means.
- Hormonal drugs.
It should be taken into account, that getting a fungal ear disease can be during a visit to the pool. The fungus in the ear spreads pretty quickly. Therefore, treatment should be carried out in a timely manner. The disease spreads and progresses very quickly, as in the ear creates ideal conditions for the growth of the fungus.
Symptoms of ear fungus
The main symptoms are ear fungus:
- a feeling of fullness of the ear;
- itching in the ear canal;
- frequent formation of ear plugs;
- unnatural-looking discharge from the auditory meatus (for example, purulent or having black);
- weakness, headaches, dizziness;
- ear drop.
Depending on the pathogen type of the disease occurs in different ways:
- yeast fungus (candida), causing candidiasis, It can affect the skin behind the ears, the external auditory canal and middle ear. By their appearance resembles eczema;
- Mold fungus causes mukoidoz and aspergillosis, localized mainly behind the ears, on the surface of the ear and within the ear canal. Outwardly, he reminds, properly, mold;
- Particularly pathogenic species of fungi can become a cause of blastomycosis and coccidioidomycosis, advantageously affect the skin of the auditory meatus. For the disease characterized by a pronounced symptoms.
Fungal infection spreads in the body fairly quickly, and this may lead ultimately to the defeat of the auditory nerve. Partial hearing loss, as a consequence of proliferation of the fungus, It is not such a rare complication. Therefore, to begin to treat a fungus in the ears is necessary as soon as possible!
Important! If the patient ignores the symptoms and delaying a visit to the doctor when, when he needed urgent treatment, disease hroniziruetsya. And then a full recovery becomes impossible.
fungus treatment in the ears - otomycosis
Before the appointment of the antifungal treatment of ear, the doctor finds the cause of the disease. Then, if the patient is taking antibiotics, and for this there is no direct evidence of life - they supersede other medicine (eg, bacteriophage). otomycosis treatment - type of fungus in the ears, also accompanied by the appointment of antihistamine (eg, Claritin, Tavegila, Suprastin or Tsetrina) and vitamin therapy. Besides, stress factors need to be addressed and strongly contribute to improving the condition of the patient's immune system.
Therapy otomycosis conducted in general and local level as follows::
- The ear is rinsed with a special solution - preferably, to contain a part of clotrimazole, Or amphotericin Nystatin.
Sometimes, as a means for washing using purified water or glycerol solution.
- Further, if the drug is not a drop in the ears of the fungus, but, eg, cream or ointment, then it is applied to the flagellum, and then inserted into the affected ear. Of course, fungus infected areas of the outer ear must also be processed.
the, how to get rid of the fungus in the ear and which drug would be effective - it depends on the type of ear fungus.
Types of ear fungus
- for example, in a relationship Mold fungal infectious agent will be effective the following drugs:
- If the ear is struck yeast fungus, then in his therapy will include one of the following means:
- Candid B,
- How to cure fungus, if the patient has been found particularly pathogenic form of its? After all, they were named as a reason. Win the fight with them, using only local products, not succeed. In this case, the doctor prescribes an antifungal tablets - in particular, terbinafine (and if we treat the fungus in a child, more often assigned Griseofulvin, since it is less toxic).
Important! Tableted form of antifungal drugs are prescribed only by a doctor, since they can be used only after the patient a series of surveys and have many contraindications.
Along with oral antifungal, patient is assigned a parallel receiving probiotics, support normal microflora in order to avoid the development of dysbiosis:
- Hilak forte,
- Gastrofarm and other.
The question "what to treat a fungus in the ear," we should not forget about the general immunity. For its normalization, there are not only these drugs, how Immunal and other oral forms, but also special candles for Viferon ears, that apply 2 r / day over a two week period.
Council! Remember to clean the ear canal of crusts, because the purity of the ears in the treatment of fungal infections is very important.
In this way, it can be concluded that, that should be complex to treat the appearance of the fungus in the human ear, and conservative treatment otomycosis and other types of fungi, can complement people's means antifungal therapy, but only in consultation with your doctor.
Folk remedies treat otomycosis - fungus in the ear
You can clean the ear canal of the crusts using onion juice, juice of celandine, as well as apple cider vinegar (not to be confused with the essence).
Council! Do not attempt to remove the fungus alone household methods, they can be used only to supplement the main, prescribed by the doctor, therapy.
Some of the most popular folk remedies in the form of drops, for home treatment otomycosis created on the basis of apple or vinegar. Recipe for drugs:
- Drops of peroxide and apple cider vinegar are prepared, mixing the two components with hot water in equal proportions. buried at 3 drops into the ear canal and take a position, to drop not emerged, for a few minutes. The course is 10 days.
- Drops of acetic acid is prepared by mixing vinegar and apple 2% acetic acid in equal proportions. Means, used for wiping the affected skin, drip into the ear canal it can not be. The course will also be the Ten.
Council! Do not attempt to cure otomycosis herbal decoction, since fungi "like" a moist environment and begin to proliferate in it. If you rub the herbal decoction of the ear or ear canal - always pat the skin dry with a cotton-gauze.
Hearth ear fungal infection should be treated with an alcohol tincture, following, as preparations of propolis and calendula to alcohol. They must be diluted before use with water 1:1.
Some more traditional medicine for the treatment and prevention of ear fungus, otomycosis:
- Squeeze the juice of grated or milled bulb and instill 5 drops at night for 5 days.
- Garlic juice mixed 1:1 with olive oil, left on 60 min., then buried by 2 drops in the morning and evening.
Preventive measures should be observed after the treatment of ear fungus necessarily! After the disappearance of the symptoms of fungal, it is recommended to follow a few simple rules of prevention of ear diseases:
- Practice good hygiene.
- Maintain good immunity.
- Carefully clean the ears and only specifically for this purpose objects.
- Use in the home only their own things - linen, hearing aid, headphones, earrings, hats.
- To live an active lifestyle, more often in the air.
- Monitor the integrity of the skin of the ear, wounds, if they were found, handle antiseptic.
- Remove earwax without much fanaticism, since some of it still must be present on the skin of the auditory meatus normally - to protect the inner ear.
Recurrence of fungal infections of the ear can be prevented, attentive to their health. Seeing at the first symptoms of ear fungus, otomycosis, you must seek medical advice immediately and thoroughly examined.
on the video: Transfer Live healthy - from which the mushrooms grow in the ears: