Most often, aphid attacks bushes of black and red currants, thereby reducing hopes for a good harvest of summer residents. There are lots of methods, how to deal with aphids on currants using folk, biological, chemical products processing.
Which method to combat aphids on currants choose, and that really helps to get rid of harmful insects?
What to do, if there aphid
Pest starts to lay larvae in the fall, and in the spring to plant appear brown, green, black insects begin to actively proliferate, feeding on young shrubs juice.
signs of aphid:
- On pieces of paper appear reddish bumps (as manifested in the currant gall aphid);
- On the branches of many ants;
- On the plant visible small whitish fragments - a leather pieces, discharged aphids;
- The plant is covered with liquid lipkovatoy (honeydew), produced by aphids. It is this fluid and attracts ants;
- leaf curl, wither, distorted, do not have time to open buds, the fruits do not ripen.
note! Gallic aphids on the red currants, not only inhibits the growth of plants, but also weakens its, making it vulnerable to bacteria, viruses and fungi.
One of the major signs of the emergence of aphids on currants are hordes of ants, running around the bush. Contrary to popular belief, they do not fight with aphids, but, in front of, contribute to its dispersal. Ants love to feast on dew, which produces the aphid. And to the insect produces more sugary substance, ants carry it to other plants.
Therefore, in the first place, you need to get rid of ants - find the anthill, which is necessarily located somewhere near the currant and destroy it.
Peak insect activity falls in June, and during the summer is born several generations of aphids. When Russell colony no longer enough food on one bush, there are varieties of winged aphids, which begin to fly to neighboring plants. Therefore to begin to deal with insects is necessary already in the early spring.
When the aphids you must first decide on a method for controlling pests.
If you choose traditional methods against aphids on currants, then you need to be patient, as it requires repeated application, but it will be cost-effective and environmentally safe.
Chemicals can help get rid of aphids for some time and permanently protect the plant from re-invasion. But such funds are not safe, although, if you strictly follow the instructions, they will not harm the plant and the fruits of the future.
For the prevention of use biological preventive measures to combat aphids - this way, though not on the 100% uberezhet pest, but it will help to avoid mass destruction of aphids.
The fight against aphids folk remedies will be effective in the event, if the pest colony has not grown and the degree of damage is negligible.
How to get rid of aphids on currants household methods:
- Liquid soap (or dishwashing detergent). Two large spoon stir tools in a teacup. Substance use should be immediately after preparation, spraying the bushes every day.
- purity. fresh tops (3-4 kg) or dry grass (1 kg) Pour a liter of water and leave to infuse for 1,5 day. use immediately, pre-strain.
- soda ash. Tablespoon mass dissolve in a liter of water, Add a little liquid soap. Spray daily until complete destruction of pests.
- Dandelion. 200 grams of roots and 400 grams of leaves of the plant to fill 10 liters of warm water. After two hours, the infusion can be prepared to handle the bushes.
- wood ash. A pair of glasses of the ash dissolved in three liters of hot water and add spoon any economic or liquid soap.
- Tobacco (shag). In a liter of water to dissolve 100 g tobacco dust. Place the mixture on a plate and hold hour simmered. Ready means to cool and diluted with water: 300 mL tobacco mixture into a bucket of water. Pour the substance into a spray bottle and spray the currant time in two days.
note! To enhance the effect of tobacco mixture may be mixed with wood ash. Spraying is carried out in a proportion of means: 400 g of each substance in 10 liters of water.
- Onion. 200 gram peel pour hot water and infuse 4-5 days.
- Ammonia. In a bucket of water diluted with two large spoons of ammonia. Add a teaspoon of washing powder. Ammonia from aphids on currants should be used once a 14 days.
- potato Plant. Finely chopped potato tops and add water (in the same proportion). For two days the mixture is necessary to brew, then you can start spraying.
- Hot pepper. Peppers grind and add water in a proportion of 1:10. Boil the mixture for thirty minutes on a medium heat and leave for a couple of days. Strained infusion diluted in water (per liter of water 100 ml).
Important! Spraying is best carried out in clear weather, in the evening. If a shower of rain, treatment should be repeated.
- Vinegar. Pungent smell deters pests, and vinegar solution can make spraying even when the bush has appeared berries. To prepare the solution must dissolve in a liter of cold oxen 200 Conventional grams of vinegar, add more 9 liters of water and about 100 grams of grated soap. Use immediately after use, once in 1-2 of the week.
- Plant tomato. Tomato dry tops (2 kg) and fresh tops (4 kg) chop and pour ten gallons of water. Bring to boil over medium heat for half an hour. Cool and dilute with water before spraying (165), adding a little grated soap.
- Tincture of onions and garlic. Grind a kilo of green garlic or onion and pour 10-liter bucket of water. to brew 5-6 hours, then you can start spraying.
- Coke. Drink destroy pests due flavorings, flavors and soda, its member. Currant drink treated as prophylaxis against aphids. Begin spraying can already be starting in May, repeating the procedure every 5-7 days.
Sprinkle currants folk remedies often need. Processing plants to start with the lower leaves, because the pests usually live exactly on this part of the bush.
Carried out by spraying with a spray gun, thus it is necessary to use protective equipment (rubber gloves, mask) for respiratory protection and skin from harmful substances.
Chemical agents against aphids should be used only in case of, if the amount is too large attack by pests and traditional methods do not give any results.
Most chemicals on aphids:
- able to;
Spraying chemicals currant bushes can be safe only in strict compliance with the instructions of the drug manufacturer. The duration of action is taken into account - if the drug is effective for 2-3 weeks, then at the budding stage it is better not to use, not to harm crops.
In this case it is better to use biologics, active ingredients which are the products of vital activity of fungi, bacteria and other mikoorganizmov. Such agents include Bordeaux mixture, bluestone, Biotlin of tli, Tanrek, fitoverm.
To spray chemicals needed, adhering to the following rules:
- The first treatment is carried out during the bud (spring).
- The second spraying is best done already at flowering shrubs.
- Third treatment takes place immediately after flowering.
- Last time you need to spray the bushes after the harvest (as a preventive agent).
Important! Experienced gardeners and horticulturists recommend after the first spraying chemicals, subsequent processing to produce traditional methods.
Annually by aphids drugs need to be changed, tk. pest eventually develops immunity against poisons.
Biological and mechanical methods
After the start of flowering, and after strings of berries chemicals and some folk remedies are safe to use, so some gardeners prefer to remove pests by mechanical means:
- Cut and then burned aphids damaged leaves and shoot tips;
- Hands pressed pests (pre wearing rubber gloves);
- Wash off aphids power shower hose;
- Terminate the infected buds in early autumn (until they blossomed).
Adults find it easy - often they are grouped in the bottom of the leaves or shoots. With a large number of pests to collect and destroy their arms will be difficult, in this case it is better to get rid entirely using secateurs from branches.
These measures do bring results, but they are distinguished by the complexity and the need to constantly repeat treatment. Every day you need to carefully examine every leaf and twig, not to miss, When larvae of new pests appear.
Many vacationers are attracted to your site the natural enemies of aphids: Lady korovok, earwigs, zlatoglazok. Zhukov, eating pests, can bring to the site, It landed on the plant: calendula, marigold, nasturtium, dill, tomatoes.
note! If currant leaf appeared lacewings and ladybird, it should not be used to process chemicals bushes. It is better to spray the plants with infusions of herbs, so as not to scare off beneficial insects.
Help destroy pests small birds, which can lure the garden, setting it feeders and waterers.
Preventive measures and recommendations
Every gardener has its own proven methods to combat aphids. You can try several different tools, to find the best option. But the general principles of pest control are as follows:
- Handle bushes need a certain time: The first treatment is carried out in the spring, and the next - depending on the flowering bush.
- Spray the bushes should be in dry and calm weather, it is desirable in the evening.
- Handling should be subject not only to the bush, but also the soil around it.
- Infusions of herbs and other folk remedies can not pour into a spray bottle. Enough to dip branch plants in the prepared solution - currant branches bend well and can thoroughly wash in a bucket, without risking to break off.
- Be sure to start spraying with the lower branches of the bush - that means the plant has reached bottom, the spray should be directed into the bush.
- If the pest is moved to the neighboring currant bushes and trees, should not spend time on the mechanical and folk remedies. Without chemicals, in this case can not do.
The emergence of aphids on the site easier to avoid, providing proper care of plants. Indeed, strong and healthy trees and shrubs are resistant to pests, and insects avoid their, preferring easier prey.
What to do, to prevent aphids on currants:
- Timely and water feed bushes drugs with low nitrogen content.
- Plant near the currant plants with strong smell, pest repellent: garlic, mint, parsley, basil, koriandr, bow.
- Remove weeds - conduct an annual pruning, removing dry, old, damaged, diseased branches and basal shoots.
- Before transplanting seedlings handle and ground under bushes solution of ammonia (on half a liter of oxen 3-5 drops).
- Clean the barrel from the flaking bark (it could be eggs of aphids).
- exterminate ants, settled near the bushes. This can be done using a conventional boiling water - pour a bucket of an anthill.
- In the autumn the soil around the bushes to be loosened, spring bush conduct whitewash trunks.
- Attract to the area of natural enemies of aphids: small birds and insects.
All these measures will prevent the occurrence of the pest in the garden area. But, If, however, insect invasion could not be avoided, better to start from mechanical and popular methods of dealing with them, and only after resorting to harmful insecticides.